Found a recipe from “lilsipper” on Instagram for frozen banana and chickpea bars secretly disguised as a chocolate chip cookie ice cream bar look alike!! The best part was that the ingredients were so simple and it was easy to make! Definitely needs to be a regular in my freezer from now on! Here’s the recipe:
1 can of chickpeas (15 oz drained and rinsed)
2 tbsp of honey or agave
1/4 cup smooth nut butter
1/4 cup coconut flour
Mini or chopped chocolate chips to taste
2 1/2 frozen bananas
1. Blend chickpeas, honey and nut butter in a blender until completely smooth.
2. Transfer batter to a bowl and fold in coconut flour. Consistency should resemble that of play-doh.
3. Add desired amount of chocolate chips and knead with hands.
4. Line an 8 x 8″ baking pan with parchment paper, leaving excess to overlap the pan.
5. Press cookie dough into pan and cover top with excess parchment paper. Freeze for 90 minutes.
6. Remove cookie dough from freezer and let sit while blending the bananas. Blend frozen bananas until thick and creamy.
7. Cut cookie dough directly in half and remove one slice from the pan. Set aside.
8. Spread frozen bananas on the cookie dough that is in the pan and top with the other half of cookie dough.
9. Place back in freezer for 30-40 more minutes or until frozen bananas harden up. Slice into desired sizes/slices and enjoy!!