Tonight’s dinner was an old bay Salmon Patty and it was awesome! So awesome that I’d definitely say it was one of the top three things I’ve ever made… So darn delicious!!!
This is what I used:
1 6 oz fresh salmon filet
Chopped white onion
Chopped orange pepper
Chopped green onion
1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp bread crumbs
Old Bay seasoning
Salt & pepper
This is what I did:
1) Cut the salmon filet in chunks and threw them in a blender
2) Chopped less than a handful each of the onion, green onions and orange pepper and threw them in the blender.
3) Minced some cilantro and threw it in the blender as well.
4) Pulsed everything in the blender a couple times so everything was chopped up finely.
5) Transferred mixture in blender to a bowl and put in the mayonnaise, bread crumbs, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper and them used my hands to mix it all together and form the mixture into a patty shape.
6) Smoked the party at 275 for about 35-40 minutes.
In the mean time, I threw some corn on the cob on the grill. At the end of the smoking period I threw some romaine lettuce in the smoker to soften it up. I also toasted 1/2 of an artisan harvest bread and spread some butter on it. Then I assembled my open-faced sandwich once my salmon patty finally reached 145 degrees internal temperature. I stacked the bread and butter, then the romaine lettuce, then the salmon Patty, then sprinkled some cheese which melted on top of the warm patty, then cut up 1/8 an avocado to put on top, finished with some more salt & pepper on the avocado plus a cilantro garnish! Holy cow was it a delicious sandwich!!! Not to mention I finally cooked the corn on the cob just perfectly! 😁