Just got back from a bus trip where I had to feed 20 girls breakfast in the morning so I had a whole lot of unused cream cheese leftover! Because of that, I decided I wanted to make cheesecake out of them and I found this recipe in the newspaper this morning, so it was meant to be!
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp canola oil
1 15 oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
2 8 oz packages reduced fat cream cheese
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup mixed fruit
(Add 2 tsp lemon zest, 5 tbsp lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups blueberries to make them lemon-blueberry flavored)
1. Preheat oven to 325. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and oil. Press about 2 tsp of the mixture in the bottom of each muffin cup.
3. In a large bowl, beat ricotta with a mixer until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients (minus fruit); beat until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of fruit.
4. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle cheesecakes with the remaining fruits.
5. Bake cheesecakes 32 to 35 minutes or until almost set in centers. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack about 1 hour. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill 2 to 24 hours. Makes 24 servings.